Tuesday 3 July 2012

Warrior Princesses

So sorry but this going to be a quick post as I'm currently scoffing food before dashing out to the cinema.

I wanted to share this blog post about the recent surge of Warrior Princesses including Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games), Kristen Stewart (Snow White and the Huntsman) and Meridan in the upcoming Brave.

I'm all for 2012 being the year of the strong female protangonist although something niggles at me when I read things like this.  Something about feminism being taken too far, or in the wrong way, or that having a strong woman in a lead role is being made too much of...

It's a shame The Hunger Games is so much like Battle Royale and that Kristen Stewart is so miserable.  But I have high hopes for Brave, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment