Monday 14 May 2012

Update and trains


I realise that this blog has not been about my writing recently.  This doesn’t mean I haven’t been writing, there just isn’t anything to report.

I’ve finished the first draft of my third novel which I am currently editing.  At the same time, I’m writing a short story for a competition and my mind is filled with problem solving for Silver.  It has occurred to me that the structure could be greatly improved, that perhaps the chapters are too long and the whole thing needs shaking up.  I will start to write the sequel next week so I’m also planning for that.  Not to mention thinking about a few other little projects I have up my sleeve.

All of that, mixed with a full time job and a sudden social life – cinema twice in one week, we went to see Rhod Gilbert last week, a Saturday night of geeky fun and seeing Dara O'Briain tomorrow and off to the theatre on Friday!  Not to mention I need to find the time to see Dark Shadows (released last Friday).  I don’t have to, but I need to.

So I apologise for the lack of intriguing, fascinating blog posts over the weekend and today.  In the meantime, this made me smile;

Stephen Preddy (writer of Green Wing) and Tony Robinson have joined forces to bring a little lightness to those travelling from Birmingham to London.  Announcements have been written by Preddy and Robinson has helped the staff learn their lines.  The announcements, which can also be heard at London’s Marylebone Station, include;
  • "I'd like to welcome passengers boarding this 7.33 from Birmingham Moor Street to London Marylebone. If you've just bumped into someone who you barely know, you now have one hour and 30 minutes of awkward small talk. Good luck."
  • "For any passengers who've not visited London before, do please prepare yourselves for the capital's overwhelmingly calm and relaxing pace of life."
  • "We will shortly be passing through West Ruislip where we will be racing the Underground trains. Do please feel free to cheer for our driver."
  • "Will any passengers listening to noisy iPods please get a better taste in music. Thank you."
Wonderful!





No comments:

Post a Comment