Friday 13 January 2012

I was looking through the local news and...

I just tripped over this...

'The Evening Post revealed yesterday that the headless body of a man had been discovered at Callington Road Hospital in Brislington on Wednesday. The head was found nearby.

Avon and Somerset Police are not treating the death as suspicious but were yesterday still trying to establish the identity of the man, who is believed to have been aged 25-40.'

Firstly, surely a headless body is fairly suspicious?  On the suspicious scale of 1-10, I would say headless would be a 10, wouldn't it?  No one can cut their own head off (unless they are unfortunate to come across whirling blades, but this is unlikely in the grounds of a hospital).

Secondly, this looks like a fantastic story line for a detective drama to me.  I remember the first time I learned that murder wasn't a concept made up by script and story writers.  I was quite small and it came as a real shock to learn that there were really people that bad out there.  To this day I am still shocked when something like this happens - straight out of an episode of Lewis or New Tricks...or maybe even Supernatural?

Naturally, condolences go out to the family of this man, whoever he may be.  It is fairly disgusting that his body has been left undiscovered for so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment